It has been a wild weekend for NSW detectives as they continue to investigate the disappearance of a serial killer in the state’s north-east.
The manhunt for the unidentified man from Penrith has resulted in two police car-mounted cameras and a dog tracking system in the region, and police are hoping to locate a second suspect.
More: Police have been told the man may be in the area again after the disappearance last week of a young woman from New Brighton, near Sydney, police said.
She has not been seen since, and a search of a property in the northern suburb of Manly turned up a large number of boxes and a computer.
“We’ve had a lot of calls, a lot more than usual,” NSW Police Superintendent Greg Broughton said.
“The amount of calls and the amount of items that we’ve found so far are really impressive.”
He said he had been trying to contact the missing woman for several days.
Police believe the missing girl was targeted and had travelled from New England to New Brighton with her family before her disappearance.
On Friday, NSW Police announced a $1 million reward for information leading to her recovery.
It has also released a video that was captured from a police helicopter that shows the man and woman on a highway before he jumps in the car and drives off.
Authorities said the two men are wearing dark clothing and carrying an automatic weapon.
Investigators are still working to piece together a motive for the man’s alleged crimes.
He is described as between 30 and 50 years of age and with a thin build and thin eyebrows.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
© Nine Digital Pty Ltd 2018